· Thorough knowledge of practical nursing theory.
· Active, unencumbered nursing license in the State of Missouri.
· Knowledge of standard practices, rules and regulations related to licensed practical nursing.
· Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, aseptic technique.
· Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
· Ability to keep accurate records.
· Possesses a means of transportation that would facilitate travel between clinics and to out-of-town meetings and training when it is deemed necessary and appropriate. Travel may be required with or without advance notice.
· Triage and track employee illness for infection control protocols.
· Maintain, update, and assure compliance of employee health records with regulatory agency mandates such as necessary vaccines, screenings, and certifications.
· Track and schedule BLS/ACLS/PALS for all staff.
· Initiate, coordinate, and organize post-exposure employee follow-up, TB skin testing, hazardous chemical disposal, tracking of radioactivity, as well as other employee-related screenings, to comply with regulations and to provide a safe working environment for employees.
· Assist staff in completing investigations of injury and communicate with Human Resources and Risk Management.
· Work with Risk Management team to comply with OSHA regulations that pertain to employee health.
· Assist with epidemic response plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.