Providing daily care coordination, case management, and facilitate patient care. This position works with those HIV infected and other sexually transmitted diseases, while providing health education for patients. Oversees all daily aspects as they are related to planning, implementation, and monitoring all counseling, testing and referral, and prevention educational services for HIV positive and negative patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a liaison between patients, their families and healthcare providers.
- Improve patient’s quality of life through collaboration and follow up care.
- Manage a diverse caseload of patients, accepts hand offs from clinical providers for intake assessment, case management, referrals, and implantation of care.
- Ability to assess clients for needs related to treatment, education, risk reduction, and prevention.
- Educates patients regarding the disease process and medications, methods for improving medication compliance, available community resources and other pertinent information.
- Maintains extensive knowledge regarding the current standards of HIV/AIDS care and case management processes.
- Facilitates and coordinates services to develop patient-centered, individualized, integrated patient care plans, including self-management and outcomes goals.
- Collaborate with various health care providers across the care continuum to ensure that patients are effectively managed and that health care needs are met.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records in a timely manner.
- Follows up on all medical care related referrals and documents all contact and outcome in the medical file.
- Interacts with providers, including specialists, to ensure comprehensive care for the patients.
- Coordinate with health departments and other community organizations.
- Ensures the completion of necessary forms/documents required for medication assistance programs.
- Oversees necessary trainings for clinical staff on PrEP and HIV prevention.
- Excellent customer service and ability to resolve complex customer service issues and exercise conflict management.
- Proficient in computer skills and typing.
- Able to evaluate implementation of program guidelines on a continuing basis, plan for and implement change in an organized and efficient way.
- Excellent follow through skills prioritization of multiple tasks and attention to detail.
- Motivated to constantly learn of the complex and constantly changing fields of: HIV disease, related complications, and medication regimens.
- Experience with infectious diseases is preferred.
- HIV testing certification preferred, not required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Degree related health education or other related fields, preferred.
- Valid driver’s license