Missouri Highlands Healthcare is looking to hire a medical scribe for our clinic(s) in:
- Poplar Bluff
A scribe’s core responsibility is to capture accurate and detailed documentation (handwritten, electronic, or otherwise) of the encounter in a timely manner. Scribes are not permitted to make independent decisions or translations while capturing or entering information into the health record or EHR beyond what is directed by the provider. Scribes are responsible for capturing medical information at the point of care which allows the provider to focus on bedside manner and provide hands-on, attentive, face-to-face care that increases both patient and provider satisfaction. The general duties of a scribe may vary and can include:
- The Medical Scribe will assist the provider in navigating the EHR.
- The Medical Scribe must be able to locate information for review (i.e., previous notes, reports, test results, and laboratory results)
- The Medical Scribe must respond to various messages as directed by the provider.
- The Medical Scribe will enter information into the EHR as directed by the provider.
- The Medical Scribe will research information requested by the provider.
- The Medical Scribe must have high school education or GED equivalent.
- The Medical Scribe must be motivated to serve the needs of the provider and perform services to benefit Missouri Highlands Health Care.
- The Medical Scribe must possess reading and verbal skills necessary to understand and communicate requests given by the provider.
- The Medical Scribe must possess a clean and neat appearance and good hygiene habits.