The Clinic Manager works under the supervision of the Chief Operations Officer and works in partnership with the site providers and Chief Medical Officer to develop and implement organizational goals. The Clinic Manager will have a primary job function within the clinic, including: personnel management, clinical quality improvement, compliance, patient safety, patient care and satisfaction, and business operations.
1. Work cooperatively with administration and providers to carry out the goals and objectives of the organization, according to established policies and procedures.
2. In conjunction with the Quality Improvement Coordinator, assumes responsibility for Clinical Quality Improvement activities and associated reports.
3. In conjunction with the Chief Medical Director, assumes responsibility for group practice management and process improvement projects.
4. In conjunction with Director of Nursing, performs the clinical staff competencies of all licensed staff.
5. Implement clinic work flow solutions.
6. Provide feedback to clinic staff with supporting documentation of capacity, patient numbers, quality measures, clinic flow, and administrative procedures as needed.
7. Participate in functional rounds with Chief Medical Director.
8. Participates in and/or develops/revises policies and associated procedures.
9. Accepts the accountable for the implementation of patient safety and quality of care policies.
10. Examines, analyzes and evaluates clinic operations and personnel needs, prepares necessary reports and makes recommendations.
11. Directs and coordinates work assignments for staff.
12. Organizes and arranges staff meetings, in-services, and continuing education for support staff.
13. Maintains excellent personal relations and communications with all providers and support staff.
14. Provides temporary coverage for absences, when necessary.
15. Resolves personnel grievances per procedure.
16. Resolves patient complaints in house as needed.
17. Interprets and disseminates clinic policies to all staff.
18. Maintains clean, safe, work environment including compliance with established guidelines.
19. Evaluates staff work performance and periodically assesses skills relevant to job description.
20. Maintains CPR certification.
21. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
22. Performs related work as required.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Must be able to talk, hear, see, sit, stand, kneel and lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
2. Possess cognitive skills necessary to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and government regulations.
3. Must demonstrate the ability to use Athena and formal EHS software.
4. Must demonstrate the ability to navigate from the computer desktop to Microsoft (MS) Office.
5. Possess oral and written communication skills necessary to effectively lead and supervise medical assistant, ancillary and access assistant personnel.
1. Three to five years’ experience in a health clinic environment required.
2. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and present a positive image for the organization.
3. Must be able to interact with people in a professional, diplomatic, and sensitive manner and ensure that appropriate confidentiality is maintained.
4. Must be skilled in preparing, presenting, and interpreting data used in budgets and reports.
5. Must be skilled in planning and implementing office procedures relevant to practice management.
6. Must be motivated, able to work independently, be a strong facilitator and have excellent follow through skills.
7. Must maintain current CPR certification.
8. Valid driver’s license is required.