As a Vaccine Coordinator Registered Nurse (RN), you will be critical in organizing, overseeing, and administering vaccination programs within healthcare facilities of Missouri Highlands Health Care or community settings. Your primary responsibility is to ensure the efficient and effective distribution of vaccines, educate patients and staff on vaccination procedures, and maintain accurate vaccine administration records. You will work closely with healthcare providers, public health agencies, and other stakeholders to promote vaccination initiatives and safeguard public health.
- Vaccine Administration:
- Administer vaccines to patients following established protocols and guidelines.
- Ensure proper vaccine storage and handling to maintain vaccine efficacy and safety.
- Monitor patients for adverse reactions and provide immediate care if needed.
- Maintain accurate documentation of vaccine doses administered.
- Program Coordination:
- Collaborate with healthcare providers, public health agencies, and community organizations to plan and implement vaccination programs.
- Create vaccination schedules and appointment systems to manage patient flow efficiently.
- Coordinate vaccine supply logistics, including ordering, receiving, and inventory management.
- Ensure compliance with vaccination program regulations and guidelines.
- Monitors awarded vaccine grant throughout its lifecycle. This includes tracking project milestones, ensuring timely reporting to funders, and maintaining accurate records of funds received and expenditures.
- Patient Education:
- Educate patients about the importance of vaccination, vaccine benefits, and potential side effects.
- Address patient concerns and questions regarding vaccines.
- Provide clear instructions on post-vaccination care and follow-up appointments.
- Data Management:
- Maintain accurate records of vaccine inventory, distribution, and administration.
- Enter vaccination data into electronic health records (EHR) systems and report to relevant health authorities as required.
- Generate reports to track vaccination coverage and outcomes.
- Safety and Infection Control:
- Follow strict infection control measures to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Adhere to safety protocols when handling vaccines and biohazardous materials.
- Maintain a clean and organized vaccination area.
- Training and Support:
- Train and supervise healthcare support staff or volunteers involved in vaccination efforts.
- Stay updated on the latest vaccination guidelines and best practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of employment.
- Current CPR certification.
- Knowledge of vaccination guidelines and best practices.
- Strong communication and patient education skills.
- Organizational and logistical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a healthcare team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in documentation.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing vaccination priorities and procedures.
- Previous experience in vaccination or immunization programs is a plus.
- Experience in healthcare or public health settings preferred.
- Work may involve exposure to infectious diseases and biohazardous materials.
- Standing, bending, and lifting may be required when administering vaccines.
- Irregular hours may be necessary during vaccination campaigns or emergencies.
- Work may be performed in healthcare facilities, community centers, or mobile vaccination units.