Missouri Highlands Health Care is non-profit, community-owned organization. Unlike traditional health care practices, Missouri Highlands has a governing body, composed of volunteers from the communities we serve. At least 51% of the board must be consumers of our services. That means you are always assured that Missouri Highlands Centers are…
- Open to all residents, regardless of insurance status
- Provide reduced cost care based on ability to pay
- Tailor services to fit the special needs and priorities of local communities
- Provide services based on the advice of local residents, businesses, churches, and other organizations; and
- Offer services that help patients access health care, such as translation , case management, health education, nutritional counseling, and chronic disease management.
To grow and succeed, continually striving for excellence as we identify and address well-defined health care needs within our medically underserved region.
Missouri Highlands Health Care, a non-profit organization and federally qualified health center, endeavors to meet the primary and preventive health care needs of the residents of Carter, Reynolds, Shannon, Iron, Ripley, Butler, and Wayne counties in Missouri.
- Missouri Highlands Health Care commits to providing high quality, cost effective care and services to all patients, regardless of payer source.
- Missouri Highlands Health Care places particular emphasis on care provided to uninsured and underinsured patients.
- Missouri Highlands Health Care strives to ensure its long-term fiscal solvency.
- Missouri Highlands Health Care supports programs that improve community health status and that promote healthy behaviors within our population.
- Missouri Highlands Health Care desires to remain an “employer of choice” in the area.